If a well-designed bathroom is one of your New Year Priorities, now is the perfect time to start sprucing it up. From increasing storage space to keeping the toiletries nicely tucked away, here are tips to make your trips to the bathroom worry-free.
Switch to Showers
For greater accessibility, switch to low threshold showers instead of traditional bathtubs. Showers help free up space, and open up the aesthetics of the room. Miss the lounging lux of a bath? Invest in a versatile shower head with multiple attachments for a luxurious shower experience.
Incorporate Grab Handles
There’s no denying how dangerous slip and fall injuries are, and wet bathrooms are a prime culprit for trips. To make your bathroom safer and more mobility-friendly, simply upgrade your bathroom with a set of grab handles. The useful yet chic grab bars not only enhance your bathroom’s aesthetics but make it more safe and functional, for young and old alike.
Install Mirrored Cabinets
Mirrored cabinets keep toiletries and medicines safely tucked away while adding to the cosmetic value of your restroom. Mirrored cabinets add depth to the overall design of your bathroom and storage space at the same time.
While a bad set of mirrored cabinets may feel dated, you can select from a myriad range of both classic and modern designs to complement your decor, to elevate the style of your restrooms. And to enhance the durability of your cabinets, just sheath them with a set of waterproof custom covers.
Choose the Right Bathroom Mats
Floor mats are an ultra-practical accessory for the bathroom, stopping slips and falls while adding a flair to the space. Bath mats are the first thing that grab attention when you enter the bathroom, so select a set that suits your decor and matches the color scheme of your bathroom.
Functionality also plays an important aspect in choosing the right bath mat. Invest in absorbent, water-resistant, and machine-wash-friendly floor mats for easy maintenance, and for safety, ensure they grip firmly to your floor.
Upgrade Light Fixtures
Poorly lit bathrooms look small, cold, and creepy, so give your bathroom an instant facelift by upgrading your lighting. A new vanity, hanging fixture, or set of scone lights is all you need to do wonders to your otherwise dim and drab bathroom. Use the right light fixture, and you can make the space feel bigger and more inviting.
Install Storage Accessories
It’s easy for the bathroom to become cluttered with toiletries. Simple installations such as storage units, built-in benches, caddies, and shelves help increase the storage space while making the space feel larger. Here are a few tips to minimizing that clutter:
- Install a shower caddy in the shower. To protect your belongings from getting wet, sheath them with rack covers or custom covers.
- Build open shelves along the walls to keep your toiletries within reach without sacrificing space.
- Fix towel hooks behind the door for hanging wet towels.
Make your Bathroom Smell Fresh
Even if you clean your bathroom regularly, from time to time, you’ll need some pleasant scents to keep it from smelling like a sewer. Here’s some tips to pleasing passing noses:
- Use a diffuser filled with an essential oil blend. For best effects, you can place the diffuser on the back of your sink, behind the toilet, or on another stand.
- Read the label: some diffusers and essential oils may contain allergens.
- Stow the diffuser in storage bags for future use.
- Hang the small and portable scent packets in different spots in your bathroom.
- Invest in fragrant body washes or soaps that smell like freshly cut roses and lilacs.
- Include a set of beautiful candles, to smoke out odors and add decorative charm.
Resort to Greenery
A little greenery goes a long way to sprucing up your bathroom. From planting strongly scented herbs near the windows to placing a dried bouquet of eucalyptus under the shower, there are a variety of ways to incorporate flora in your bathroom. Remember to use custom tarps as you prune the plants inside, and only pick the best of flowers for your bathroom.