June celebrates pride in the heart of summer. Pride is defined by the celebration of one’s self in harmony with the world around it, unashamed of pretension and personified by the love we share with one another. From hosting a Father’s Day soiree to a movie under the stars, bring your backyard into focus for warm summer evenings of fun.
Insect Proof Your Patio
Planning to have some backyard fun with friends and family? Don’t let crawling bugs and flying insects ruin your spirit. Every outdoor space, from decks to lawns, is infiltrated by pesky pests. Following the right precautionary measures can help keep bugs & mosquitoes out of your evening scene.
- Along with shading your outdoors with custom tarps, use premium mosquito netting to insect-proof the area while adding a mystical touch to your evening decor.
- Tiki torches are another interesting way to ward off insects in vogue. While complementing the inviting ambiance of your elite backyard bash with their warm glow, the lit tiki torches help repel mosquitoes.
- If you are looking for an organic remedy, you can never go wrong with natural herbs like lavender, rosemary, garlic, peppermint, and basil that not only get rid of bugs, but leave the space with fresh & natural aromas.
Use Roses in Your Landscaping
‘June Flames’ are here and so is the season of colorful & fragrant rose blooms. Integrate ornamental flowers into your landscaping to turn the outdoors into an ethereal realm.For the classic romantic cover, rows of pale pinks and bright fuschia over the arches & arbors. Build an attractive rose wall, growing flowers in a vertical arrangement, or some cascading down a fence for that whimsical appeal.
Beginners with no green thumb can start growing roses in containers or pots before shifting them to rose beds. Catch up on some tips, tricks, and tidbits for our national flower, and you’ll have the best rose garden on the block!
Celebrate Dad’s Big Day
Looking for ways to spoil your Dad with an abundance of attention, praise, and acknowledgment this Father’s Day? Take time to help him explore his hobbies and interests. The idea is to spend some quality time with him and make him feel special. If your Dad enjoys grilling, why not organize a summer cookout in your backyard. Pull out the custom covers and sizzle some steaks or hamburgers with him.
While your father grills, liven up the mood even more by brewing some homemade suds. Perfect the day by surprising him with personalized gifts, hosting a movie night, or planning an excursion with the family.
Fish Like the Pros
Summer is the season of family vacations, so why not embark on a family fishing trip? Go on a guided excursion or fish dockside at a well-stocked waterway to create magical memories that will last a lifetime. Grab simple equipment such as a fishing rod, a small tackle box, a light net, and some ready-made tools for collecting shellfish, including an oyster pick, clam knife, and clam claw.
Host the Ultimate Pride Pool Party
Music! Cool Beverages! Water Activities! Pool parties are a blast for kids and adults alike. Call your squad, decide on a cool theme, grab some rainbow pool floats & lay a spread with snacks and drinks to get the party popping. Don’t forget to include competitive pool party games like volleyball, basketball, or water tag to turn up the heat.
Remember to lay custom tarps around the pool and sheath the furniture with sectional covers, outdoor cushions and pillow covers for the ultimate protection against water damage.
Secure Your Home Before Vacation
Before you set out for your favorite holiday destination, make sure your house is safe. Here are a few ways to ensure security while you are away:
- Install a smart security system with sensors in and around your house to effectively monitor any movement via your phone when you are not at home.
- To keep your home safe from burglaries, set timers on lights, radios, and televisions so they’ll automatically turn on at varied times during the morning and evening. This will give the appearance that someone is still home.
- As unkempt, overgrown gardens, yards, and lawn areas are a sign of an empty house, ask your friend or neighbor to mow it.
- Have someone park their car in the driveway.
- Make sure to cover your furniture with robust sectional covers and custom covers to protect your outdoors from inclement weather while you are gone.
Bring the Multiplex to Your Backyard
No need for drive-ins when you can have your own private walk-in theatre right in your backyard. Nothing defines the ultimate leisure experience better than watching your favorite flicks under the stars. You’ll only need a projector, a big screen, and quality outdoor speakers to recreate the cinematic experience of a multiplex.
This dreamy movie escapade would be incomplete without the right decor. To set the mood right, go for comfortable seating arrangements, lined with cushy throw pillows and nicely adorned with outdoor cushions and pillow covers. Adding the warm glow of candles or stringed lights can uplift the appeal. Be sure to arrange for popcorn to offer your guests the complete package.
Organize July 4th Fun in Your Neighborhood
What better way to spread the holiday cheer than giving back to the community? Coordinate with your neighbors and organize a street parade. Encourage everyone to participate and decorate the block in red, white, and blue. Hold cookouts, enjoy fireworks, and arrange fun contests or games like a patriotic dessert or costume contest to add a festive fervor while encouraging neighborhood camaraderie.